It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Muscular Dystrophy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
(female)

sarahJ74 HB User
just checkin in - LGMD update

I haven't logged in for a very long time.
It is always nice to read and re-read the posts and know that there are other people who feel the same way I do about funny things like steps and curbs and getting up off the chair etc..

I am finding it harder and harder to get motivated to walk each day. Which I knew will benefit me overall, but I'm afraid I will fall and won't have anything to help me up. I take my cell phone with me but then I think of the embarrassment I'll have sitting in the sidewalk calling and waiting for someone to come help me.

I think I'm about ready to start carrying a cane.

I have been falling down much more. It seems lately it's at least once a week. I don't even know why sometimes. I just catch a toe and down I go. But it makes me more and more scared to go anywhere by myself!

Last edited by Administrator; 02-20-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
(female)

mandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB User
Re: just checkin in - LGMD update

Hi there

I know to stay motivated to walk is something all of us go through. The falling bit and asking someone to help is a terrible experience (been there done that a few times)

Unlike you (I also have FHSMD) I'm far more progressed and now days I use an electronic wheelchair. I can still walk but the fear of falling is overwhelming so I just don't

The only time I do walk or get up a bit is when I take one of my boys to a venue or when I take a shower. So long someone is here I will rise from below but otherwise not

If I can give you some encouragement is please if you can still walk without pain please do so because all of a sudden your body goes to the next level and that gets taken away

I'm sorry if I sound soooo down but I'm not. I have my wheels and now I can do much much more than before. Even washing floors is easy now

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply