It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

toribird97 HB User
myositis--antibiotic therapy??????

I was researching polymyositis on the internet and came across 2 articles by people suffering with this disease, they were stating how they were taking high doses of antibiotics & were feeling great. has anyone ever heard of Dr. Thomas Brown's Antibiotic Therapy???? Also has anyone suffering from polymyositis had the shingles prior to being diagnosed?????

Old 11-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
(female)

twinB HB User
Re: myositis--antibiotic therapy??????

No, to the shingles, but I had a weird rash that looked a whole lot like chicken pox but didn't itch. (I'd had chicken pox as a child). They didn't know what it was. I discussed antibiotic therapy with my doctor at one time. I was told it was not helpful and he could not recommend it as a therapy. I've read some of the articles saying the opposite. I guess it depends on if you have a doctor who is willing to try it or not. One problem I see is that it would kill good bacteria too, which the body needs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread