It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
(female)

Calico*cat HB User
New member ?polymyotis

Hello

First post for me.

My GP is sending me to a rheumy next week. The GP mentioned this poly thing as a possibility, he thinks it is more likely than Lupus.

I have shocking muscle and joint pain. muscles that are particularly bad are thigh muscles and upper arms. Getting out of a chair is awfully difficult. Most of the time walking is painful. I can't raise my arms up to hang washing. Getting dressed is difficult.

I have a high ANA High CR proteins and RF is also high. I also have a rash on my cheeks, which I have had for several years. My motivation to do things is zero. Sleeping is difficult as the pain keeps waking me up.

Anyway I just wanted to know is this an episodic thing or do you have it for good?

Thanks for listening. and yep I have just noticed the spelling mistake in the thread title.

Last edited by Calico*cat; 10-09-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
(female)

mary48 HB User
Wink Re: New member ?polymyotis

If it's Lupus. it's for good. But with the lupus you can have flare ups then remissions. I have the same muscle problems you have and for me they are pretty much constant but at varying degrees. The doctor can put you on medication that will help.It's weird how one muscle can hurt so bad, the stop. Then another muscle will hurt just as bad, all in one day. So don't think you are crazy. A good rheunatologist will understand these symptoms, so don't be embarrassed to tell him everything you feel. Having a Dr you can talk to can make alot of difference . Keep the faith!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2006, 03:20 AM   #3
(female)

kiwi girl HB User
Re: New member ?polymyotis

As far as I know it is for good. But you can go into remission. What tests have you had done? Keep your chin up

Old 10-10-2006, 03:28 AM   #4
(female)

Calico*cat HB User

Thanks for the replies. Will just have to wait for Monday, hopefully all will be cleareer then.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:36 AM   #5
(female)

tschreib1 HB User

Sounds more like DM than PM with the rash involved...

Closed Thread