It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #16
(male)

duncan1 HB User
Re: High CPK --- possibly myositis? Neuro says maybe....

If the symptoms decrease after the 1st month of antibiotics, I would suggest continuing for at least a month or two after the symptoms are gone. Past that, if the symptoms continue to re-occur and the antibiotics help, you may need a more open ended therapy with them. The good news is that they are quite cheap, about $70/month Cdn.

However, if it is an infection, treating it sooner is more likely to reduce long term consequences.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #17
(female)

DawneHorizons HB User

I have just been told that I have high CPK levels and I don't do any weight lifting just 20min aerobic workout. I have been using essential oils on my legs for the muscle weakness and fatigue I feel. It helps alot and its all natural so no side effects. I am looking into what could be the cause of it . I read trauma could cause high levels, the only thing I could think of is my long stressful divorce being a huge factor.

So for MJ and the others I would suggest natural remedies like 'pure' essential oils of marjoram and lemongrass which are excellent for muscles and ligaments and tissue regeneration.

DawneHorizons

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #18
(female)

DawneHorizons HB User

If your going to do the antibiotic treatment remember that anti means against, and bio means life, so anti-biotic means against life. After you finish your antibiotic treatment you will need to do a probiotic 'for life' to but the good bacteria back into your body otherwise you will have imbalances and be a great candidate for candida. I am not against antibiotics they are certainly needed and have their place I simply feel they are over used and prescribed which has been medically documented btw and are greatly contirbuting to the new epidemic of antibiotic resistant bacteria ie MRSA. So we should be balanced and look for remedies in the earth as well as man made choices.

DawneHorizons

Closed Thread