It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

ClaudiaM HB User
DM and back pain

I was diagnoised 5 year ago with skin form of Lupus. After several years of problems and my hands kept getting worse I was sent to a dermatologist who specailized in Lupus. After one look at my nails and rash on chest, he said it was not Lupus but DM. I had to do research on Internet to find information. Not a lot in print.

I have several tests to make sure there were no tumors (and there weren't); however, I have been having trouble with my tailbone and hip. They say it is probably inflammation and have given me steroids which help for a while, but then it returns. I work on a computer all day and by the end of the day it hurts so back I can't stand it. I just had an MRI to see if it is disc related, but have not gotten the results back yet.

I also have a problem that I have happen every now and then. I start having a lot of fatigue and then I loose my appetite. There are times I can't even stand to smell food. I am not a big person and this is not a good thing.

Anybody else have any of these problems?

Thanks
CM

Old 09-01-2007, 04:26 AM   #2
(female)

jbrokaw HB User
Re: DM and back pain

Hi I am newly I just recieved my DM diagnosis and have the terrible hip pain and fatique with the steriods(80 mg pred). I do have a cartiliage tear on on my right hip from a car accident in March that needs fixed but the pain is on both hips. My ankles hurt too. I think it is just the way this disease responds. I have difficulty with swallowing and have a tough time talking as at times I will slur my words and my voice becomes hoarse. I understand the food thing too. I have lost weight prior to my diagnosis and am losing weight even on the steriods. Food does not apppeal to me and I don't know why either. Even ice cream which was a big one. How about with cold? I am always cold! Hang in there. I am trying to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread