It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
(male)

Duncanguy HB User
Metabolic disorder, not autoimmune disease

I am into considering IBM as a metabolic disorder, not an "autoimmune disease". I was offline for about a year, but about two years ago had started using DMSO, a laboratory solvent which is used to manipulate prions ("inclusion bodies" are prion aggregates). I refused treatments which were designed to turn "off" immune responses in favour of antibiotics. The MDs pushed hydrocortisone and methotrexate... stuff like that. Ridiculous. These drugs seldom worked for any extended "cure" and side effects were not pleasant.(I had been reading the published ****, following "key words" through medical and bioscience abstracts.) Back on line for a few months now, I have picked up the threads. A couple of interesting points I had somehow missed. Inclusion Body Myositis features "MUTANT UBIQUITIN" which does not tag Arginine as it should with a Lysine. So some of my faithful use of Whet Isolate since biopsied about ten years ago was of questionable value...yet I had maintained most of my physical ability reasonably well and the Whey has lots of both Arginine and Lysine. (About a 3/1 ratio). Well websearch... The Ubiquitin problem can be bypassed and it looked like the Arginine was needed by the MITOCHONDRIA energy cells (primarily in the liver) where it becomes a major portion of ORNITHINE. look up "ornithine cycle" ,,,,,,,,,,,I find I do not get responses, yet there is more about this... Del

Last edited by Duncanguy; 11-25-2007 at 03:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #2
(male)

Duncanguy HB User
Re: Metabolic disorder, not autoimmune disease

The "whet" should read "whey". I've been a fairly constant Whey Isolate user for approx.10 yrs. and DMSO for about 2 yrs. They both help IBM but are not a complete answer. My added approach now is to bypass the "MUTANT UBIQUITIN" which is a common feature of IBM and use the DMSO to carry ORNITHINE into the bloodstream through the skin. I am alternating between 500 mg on arms AM and 500mg on legs PM with enough DMSO to draw it in. This has, effectively doubled or tripled my DMSO intake. I have decided to add that half an eyedropper in my morning coffee, too,though I have reservations about efficacy of DMSO orally (Ornithine will NOT be useful orally). Ornithine in bloodstream (ocular myositis) seems to be a symptom, not a cause of that. No ocular effects noticed during first week. Incidentally, in Canada, most of this stuff is sold under-the-counter if one can find it at all. Governments are anti-health where the treatment is unpatentable by consortiums or Pharmaceuticals as this one would be. I suspect it would have worked better 10 years ago.another site has suggeste my biopsy was in Aug of 91...well, maybe, that is surprising but doesn't martter much.

Last edited by Duncanguy; 11-30-2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: posted contact info

Old 11-29-2007, 01:13 AM   #3
(male)

Duncanguy HB User

I see now in ****pedia,that Dalakas has patented a treatment for IBM. I'd give you odds that the compound "not a drug" is mostly DMSO. Try "Campath" (if my memory serves) Del " Duncanguy."

Old 11-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
(male)

Duncanguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanguy View Post
I am into considering IBM as a metabolic disorder, not an "autoimmune disease". I was offline for about a year, but about two years ago had started using DMSO, a laboratory solvent which is used to manipulate prions ("inclusion bodies" are prion aggregates). I refused treatments which were designed to turn "off" immune responses in favour of antibiotics. The MDs pushed hydrocortisone and methotrexate... stuff like that. Ridiculous. These drugs seldom worked for any extended "cure" and side effects were not pleasant.(I had been reading the published ****, following "key words" through medical and bioscience abstracts.) Back on line for a few months now, I have picked up the threads. A couple of interesting points I had somehow missed. Inclusion Body Myositis features "MUTANT UBIQUITIN" which does not tag Arginine as it should with a Lysine. So some of my faithful use of Whet Isolate since biopsied about ten years ago was of questionable value...yet I had maintained most of my physical ability reasonably well and the Whey has lots of both Arginine and Lysine. (About a 3/1 ratio). Well websearch... The Ubiquitin problem can be bypassed and it looked like the Arginine was needed by the MITOCHONDRIA energy cells (primarily in the liver) where it becomes a major portion of ORNITHINE. look up "ornithine cycle" ,,,,,,,,,,,I find I do not get responses, yet there is more about this... Del
The ratio should be1/3 not 3/1 and, recently found, there are some with a 1/5 ratio, which improves the antiviral factor and should decreases the mutant ubiquitin functional loss. Seldom mentioned, there are ALWAYS somewhat active virii, about 100% likely in the herpes group (about 7 of them). The DMSO is antioxidant as well as other uses so viral toxicity would be lessened.

Viral toxicity ought to be a topic, too. It's 100% likely at least some of the herpes viruses(at least 7 species) inhabit a person. DMSO can carry viruses to new pastures so be sure your immune system is well "up" or protected. I know nothing about antibiotics in this context but a family member has had a vicious recurrence of a 6 months ago viral attack while increasing DMSO and I am suspicious of it. So BESURE THE IMMUNE SYSTEM IS "UP" IF CONSIDERING DMSO +this or +that, OK??? Del Crow "Duncanguy"

Last edited by Duncanguy; 11-29-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Closed Thread