It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
(female)

daisy01 HB User
any info greatly appreciated

Hi i am 43 yr old female with autoimmune thyroid problems( hashi's)
I am currently seeing the eye doc because I have one eye (left) that is protruding 2mm more than the right. The pressure in both my eyes is high but not dangerously and the optic nerves are coping well. They do not think I have thyroid eye disease and sent me for an MRI scan which I had to stop after only 5 minutes as I felt like I was gonna choke to death due to lying flat.
I have been reading this site with interest as I also have muscle weakness in my thighs and upper arms but had previously put this down to the thyroid including sometimes being unable to swallow food or drink it just sort of sits in my throat for a while..
What causes myositis, what are the treaments and what is the long term prognosis?

is there a connection between myositis and thyroid disorders and if so what tests should I be seeking? I have really bad short term memory problems too.

sorry for the interogation guys but...................
I am in the Uk and docs dont seem to know as much as you guys on here which is why I thought i would ask the experts lol I even had to track down a thyroid med on the thyroid board which is unlicensed in the uk just so i could get better.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
(female)

upperlimits HB User
Re: any info greatly appreciated

Hi Dasiy01, I have hashi's as well and still trying to get the right dose for that (5 weeks). I have had the same question as you, is there a relationship between PM and thyroid. My Endo dr thinks all my symptoms are undermedicated thyroid problems, but he will not even listen to my symptoms or look at my blood work that shows i have the JO-1 antibodies. I have been trying to figure out if all my muscle weakness, being tired all the time is thyroid or PM. My CPK levels were normal in Nov when i was not having any symptoms, i don't know what they are now. If you find out any info on these things please let me know. I bought the book thyroid for dummies to see if thyroid muscle weakness was in there and it is but it only talks about it as a hyper thyroid, so i am back to square one.
Thanks
upperlimits

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

onthink11 HB User

That sounds very reasonable, support.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:11 PM   #4
(female)

upperlimits HB User

Daisy01
I went to the Dr's today because i had a TIA (mini stroke) this weekend. He said that my symptoms are not Thyroid related (my Endo agreed last Thursday as well) so they are sending me to a neuro. I go on the 8. Have you found anything out yet on your end??? I still have muscle weakness and dizzzy lightheaded a lot too. That has never gone away. This is just crazy. I don't understand why they don't think this is PM, i have weakness and the JO-1 antibodies so why is it that difficult to say yes you have PM!!!!

Closed Thread