It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
(female)

Lizzy73 HB User
Exclamation HELP! Does anyone have this??? Please read!!

I have systemic lupus, and I am on plaquenil and my lupus got much better. Starting a few months ago, my skin and muscles were sooo tender to the touch. All over my torso area, front and back, and my upper legs and arms. I feel like something is really wrong! My skin feels like it is burning, but I am chilled to the bone and have to get under the covers to get warm.

My Rheumatologist mentioned polymyositis, but I had taken a predisone for a couple of days before that day, and was feeling better. My blood results were negative. The symptoms went away. This was a few months ago.

They have come back now with a vengance! I am not taking any prednisone. I am mostly good during the day, but at night I am awful and have to lay down. However, even during the day isn't great. My neck is so sore now just from sitting at the computer and typing that I feel like I need to lay down and prop my head up so my neck can rest! And like I said, I almost fall to the ground when somebody touches me because my muscles and skin is so sore. Does this sound like polymyositis to anyone???

Old 10-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: HELP! Does anyone have this??? Please read!!

Liz check in with the fibromyalgia board. Your skin being sore to the touch is a clue along with sore muscles. Fibro and lupus can go hand in hand. My hubby has DM but didn't experience anything like you are talking about when he was so bad.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 AM   #3
(female)

Lizzy73 HB User
Re: HELP! Does anyone have this??? Please read!!

Glojer - thank you so much for replying. I am trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. My grandfather had PM and passed away a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I only met him once when I was about 8 years old so I never knew him. I wasn't sure if my lupus is progressing or changing to myositis or what....Thank you for letting me know your husband did not experience these symptoms. I hope he is doing well..Thanks again!

Last edited by Lizzy73; 10-06-2008 at 06:53 AM.

Closed Thread