It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
(female)

shepart40 HB User
struggling...help!

okay tonight this is really taking its tole on me, im so drained im not sure if this medicine is working on me. i feel like my whole body is not working, my core muscles are so weak, my head even feels heavy, i dont feel strong at all in any way, my breathing changes day to day and today its not well, my face even hurts today, will i ever feel better, i dont know, i have no one to ask and get the truth. the doctors tell me to stay hopeful try to stay positive, well thats all fine but they arent the ones who have to go through this it hurts,im scared, i might even be depressed at this point. i on 40mg of preds and now 100mg of imuran. my chest burns when i takem deep breaths. my next appt isnt until the 18th of dec, i dont know if i can wait that long but i dont want to be in a hospital. my doctors are trying to get me into washington unv in st.louis they say that some of the best lung doctors are there. i wish i really knew what to exspect with this disease...i just need some reassurance here...please someone respond.........

Old 12-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: struggling...help!

sheppart, Wash U. would be the place to go for some of the best docs in the world. That or St. Louis U. Wash U. has one of the best muscle docs in the world. Can't recall his name now, but he did the muscle biopsy on my husband to definitivly diagnose his dermatomyositis. Your local docs need to push to get you in there though, we tried to get an appt. with him and did not get beyond leaving a message, not even a call back. Our rheumy wasn't much help though. Good luck to you hang in there things do get better.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread