It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
(female)

bestoldies04 HB Userbestoldies04 HB User
What is this, does anyone know?

This is the pathology from muscle and tissue taken from shoulder during surgery. I have other health problems but this may be a big clue to my health problems if I knew what all this means. The surgeon did not say anything about this or my primary doctor.

Degenerated fibrocartilaginous and adipose tissue with fragments of synovial tissue showing vascular proliferations and early fibrosis. Degnerated striated muscle fibers. Focal mesothelial cell hyperplasia of the synovium and scattered microcalcification.

Does anyone know what any of this means?

Old 01-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
(female)

RinneyB HB User
Re: What is this, does anyone know?

breaking down of your fibrocartilage (which is basically the cartilage between joints and such) and adipose tissue (which is fat) synovial tissue (lines cavities of joints and produces its own fluid)...vascular poliferation(growth and reproduction of blood vessels) fibrosis (formation of fibrous tissue when it doesn't really need to)...degenerative striates muscle fibers (striated muscles are your skeletal muscles, aslo your heart muscles are striated...the muscles around your organs are smooth...but basically breaking down of your muscle).... focal mesothelial cell hyperplasia (flat cells that lines cavities in your body are increase...not the joint cavities the cavities where basically your organs are) of the synovium(the same thing as the synovial tissue) and scattered microcalcification(really really really really small deposits of calcium usually only on bones)....so thats basically what that means, so hopefully that helps...its kinda confusing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2009, 05:01 AM   #3
(female)

bestoldies04 HB Userbestoldies04 HB User
Re: What is this, does anyone know?

Rinny B, thank you so much for explaining this, you did a fine job.

Closed Thread