It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Question Need some input!

Hi all, I am usually on the fibro and arthritis board, but was recently tested with CK of 301 and I don't exercise at all...lol. I have been dealing with terrible bone pain and muscle weakness since an accident in 2005. I have multiple dx including the full body arthritis, fibro, myofascial, spinal damage in the L section and C section including surgeries, I have no thyroid now since 1996 and on meds for that, slight brain damage from a fall to name the worst. In the past 8 months my throat is scratchy and my vocal chords will tighten up terribly. I wake up choking at times and have even woken up almost twisted in a pretzel knot to the right. Just bizarre and painful. My neuro thinks the spasms are due to chord damage since my emg and nerve conduction tests 6 months ago were relatively normal. However my throat symptoms, jaw tightness and continuous tightness with ankles and feet is not improving in spite of tripling xanaflex dosage. I have had suggestions from other folks online to check into the polymyopathy and laryngeal distonia with my next visit. My regular gp is the one that contacted me over the elevated ck and wants to retest in July. Does any of this seem familiar to those of you that have an actual diagnosis? Thanks in advance to any comments or suggestions you have to offer! It is so frustrating to try to find relief and not even know what is causing the problems.
Mim Gregg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
(female)

Nelee HB User
Re: Need some input!

Hi Mimgreg,
I am going to keep this post very short. I am new and don't know my way around yet.
I'll learn.
I have the health problems you have - but not the throat problems.
My spinal problems involve all levels of the spine.
Can we talk about our medications here?
If I can find my way back, we may be able to help each other a little bit.
Nelee

Old 06-25-2009, 06:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: Need some input!

Hi Nelee, yes we can talk about medications on here. I have been able to suggest alternate medications to try to my doctors thanks in large to others experiences. Hope to hear from you soon,
Mim Gregg

Closed Thread