It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

RSF1956 HB User
bumps under skin-abscesses

My 24 year old daughter has been ill for 17 months now. She has heart arythmia, tachycardia, pain and weakness in back and outer thighs and bumps under the skin. Some of the bumps just are there, painless and non growing but 4 times over the last year some have become abscesses with staph. Once she needed an 8 day hospital stay for these. She was in hospital 3 days before that unable to stand or walk. She has a red scaly rash on her elbows that she has had since she was 15. The leg and back pain has been there for years too. She was diagnosed with POTS until she started falling down and developing abscesses. I found a paper on polymyositis described heart problems associated with the condition as well as calcium deposits (lumps) under the skin. During the hospitalization where she couldn't walk the CPK level was 600. This was atributed to damage from all the falling she does. Does this sound like anyone elses experience? Does anyone get these bumps under the skin and do some of them turn into abscesses?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
(male)

pedro143 HB User
Re: bumps under skin-abscesses

That sound my problems and i have diagnosis with Dermatomyositis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
(female)

RSF1956 HB User

Pedro,

Do you have the lumps under the skin and do some of them develop into abscesses. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what your symptoms are and if anything has helped. Do you have heart involvement? My daughter is just healing from an abscess that was opened several weeks ago and this morning she found a new painful golf ball size one on her lower back that we think is going to abscess. It was a painless little lump for weeks before it started growing. When they abscess she gets fevers of up to 103. We are trying to get a muscle biopsy but without insurance it's a big fight to get anything done.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
(female)

angel880 HB User

hello I am 27 and within the past 6 months I have began growing lumps everwhere under my skin I have 3-4 on right ribs, golf ball in right are, one behind leg, one large in stomach, two large in right breast and now one on right rib. Doc looked at a few and said lipomas but they are growing so fast. Had stomach mri came back normal, been referred to gastro. Only abnormal tests were blood in urine, slightly elevated white blood cell count. I have severe gastro pain. I am looking into dercums disease/syndrome. Check it out and best of luck to your daughter!!! I don't know what is wrong either but with all the research that so far is the closest. I have not had any infections but they feel like they are going to bust out of me they hurt and are close to the surface!

Closed Thread