It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
(female)

RSF1956 HB User
calcium deposits

I only had one response to my question about calcium deposits turning into abscesses so I''m assuming that no one here gets abscesses as part of their condition. Can anyone describe what the calcium deposits look/feel like? Where are they usually located and do they show up and keep growing or stay stable or ever go away? I think I'm going to have to bring my daughter in to the ER today to have her latest abscess lanced and drained. It's on her lower left side and what started out as a marble size bump is now a tennis ball size abscess causing 102 degree nightly fever. Her back and leg pain that is always there is greatly increased too and she is falling more from the leg weakness. I imagine that if this happened to any of the children of the docotr's she has seen we'd have a diagnosis by now. I am just so frustrated and desperately trying to put a name to this so she can get the right treatment. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: calcium deposits

I get calcium deposits under my eye area, it looks like it follows the orbital bone. I also get them on my lids too. I also have these weird, smooth tannish color places on my legs and feet that I think are somehow associated to. Fortunately, I have not developed abscesses even though I sometimes get annoyed with the deposits and try to use a stick pin to remove them if they are barely under the surface. I have two docs that have labeled me with poly myosistis, but we never discuss it much. As far as the deposits and shiny spots, my docs tell me not to worry about them. I also am dxed with fibromyalgia, thyroid disease, ddd, degenerative joint disease, and neurological damage.
I don't know if this helps, but at least you know someone else out there has these deposits also!
Mim Gregg

Last edited by mim; 08-06-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread