It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Ronnied HB UserRonnied HB User
Myositis

Hi everyone,

My consultant is testing me for possible Lupus or Myositis, I know a little about Lupus but not Myositis. I have PA and have been taking an Anti Tnf drug, and since taking it I have been quite poorly. My muscles hurt badly and I am exhausted. My legs are so bad that if I sit down I have to use my arms to get up as my legs seem to have no power in them They wont do as I want them to do. My feet are very painful all the time and to walk on them after sitting is excrutiating. If I blow dry my hair my arm feels like it is made of stone and aches after only a few minutes. Does this sound like Myositis, what is it? Can it be cured? What drugs do you take for it. I am a little scared at the moment as its bad enough putting up with Psoriatic Arthritis without anything else. Would appreciate some feedback. Thank you, Ronnie

Old 11-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
(male)

pedro143 HB User
Re: Myositis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnied View Post
Hi everyone,
Hello Ronnied

That Sound is Dermatomyositis this is the way I start ck for high CPK test
I am in Prednisone, methotrexate for one year this only work for me

My consultant is testing me for possible Lupus or Myositis, I know a little about Lupus but not Myositis. I have PA and have been taking an Anti Tnf drug, and since taking it I have been quite poorly. My muscles hurt badly and I am exhausted. My legs are so bad that if I sit down I have to use my arms to get up as my legs seem to have no power in them They wont do as I want them to do. My feet are very painful all the time and to walk on them after sitting is excrutiating. If I blow dry my hair my arm feels like it is made of stone and aches after only a few minutes. Does this sound like Myositis, what is it? Can it be cured? What drugs do you take for it. I am a little scared at the moment as its bad enough putting up with Psoriatic Arthritis without anything else. Would appreciate some feedback. Thank you, Ronnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2009, 03:45 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Keith2468 HB User

If you describe the pattern of the weakness, which part(s) of the legs are weak, what activities are affected, is it the same on both sides of the body, it will tell more.

Be sure to be specific that way when talking to your doctors.

(You might want to wait until after you've been diagnosed to follow the links, so what you read doesn't affect how you feel.)

In about 20% of the cases polymyositis and dermatomyositis go into long term remission and maybe never return (that statistic is in the last link).

You can also get another kind of myositis from taking prednisone (and some other drugs) in too high a dose for too long. If you get that kind of myositis it will go away when you stop taking the drug.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-15-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
(female)

sharonsouth HB User

I am tapering off prednisone after having acute kidney failure. My kidneys are now functioning well again and I only spent one month on dialysis. When I reached the 20mg point of taking prednisone, I started experiencing severe muscle weakness and pains in my joints. It seems to affect both sides of my body and mostly the shoulders, elbows, hands and hips. I believe that this muscle weakness is a result of taking prednisone and am currently going through some tests to determine what is going on. I hope and believe like Keith2468 that what I am experiencing will go away once I am off the drug. I currently am taking 2.5 mg and have great difficulty getting up once I have been sitting. I can't raise my arms properly and have to ask others to open jars etc for me. It hurts a lot, but I try to take Tylenol only when I can't stand it anymore. I don't want to put too many drugs into my body which might place a strain on my kidneys. I hope tests pinpoint for you what is going on with your muscles. Good luck.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
(female)

sterlina HB User

hi, i am 27 yrs old and i was diagnosed with myositis they tested me for lupus at first and i was scared.My arms always felt real soar my bone right below my left side right above my heart was always inflammed sometimes it hurt so much i thought i was having a heart attack which i suffer from anxiety and depression also, but after alot of testing i found out it was myositis i had to take pills that was for kemo patients i thought that was awful i feel a little better now but i have to go back to the doctor soon.

Closed Thread