It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
(female)

elizabethmarie HB User
dermatomyositis671

I have a 5 yr. old daughter who was just recently diagnosed with a rare disease called dermatomyositis......i'm not to familiar with this disease.....and I really want to know what causes this rare disease. < edited >

Thank You,

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-27-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Please don't post personal info such as real name, email or phone.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
(female)

jode HB User
Re: dermatomyositis671

My mother had polymyositis. What are your daughters symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
(female)

elizabethmarie HB User

well rightnow she has rash around her face except for around her eyes and mouth and rash looking spot on her fingers..........she has an abnormal bone growing on her shoulder blade...my daughter is weak in ways were she can't run, jump, climb, carry anything more than 5-10 lbs. or do anything a normal 5 yr. old can do......

and it drains me to see her just sitting down when all the kids are playing.....

When she tend to kneel down or is sitting on the floor, she can't get back up on her feet on her own.......

Thank You,
Elizabeth

Last edited by moderator2; 07-15-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: please do not post your real full name on the internet

Old 07-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
(male)

pedro143 HB User
Cool Re: dermatomyositis671

I Have Dermatomysitis and is rare disease is for inmune systems atack on body I have treament for 3 years i go by 8 diference doctor and only the Reumatology can help me

Good luck

Pedro

Last edited by moderator2; 07-15-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: please try using the Quick Reply button instead of Quote Reply

Old 08-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
(female)

Tlove HB User

so sorry to hear about your daughter. I have dermatomyositis. I'm 45 years old,I was diagnosed in April 2008. I have 4 children of my own. It is very rare and they don't know exactly where it comes from. They say it may or may not be genetic.Nobody in my family has this disease. It could be environmental. There are different treatments that may help your daughter. Find a good Rheumatologist! I wish you well!!!! T

Old 08-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
(female)

shar621 HB User

I feel your pain for your daughter. I, too have dermamyositis and it would pain if one of my daughters had it. I understand your daughter's ordeal cause i, too have a hard time running, jumping and getting from a low position of worse if i am sitting on the floor. I recently i haven't a few times because the reflex of my muscles is not there. Praying and work hard with diet and find doctors that may help is what's important right now. Good luck with everything!

Closed Thread