It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
(female)

shar621 HB User
antibiotic treatment

Hello everyone! well since Feb. of this year I have been on the antibiotic protocol treatment. At first, I was very proactive with the treatment but my stubborn head i end up getting off of it. Then in May i developed shingles and it made me very sad to developed another ailment. Since July i went back on the antibiotic and i am going to commit to taking it. I am also taking prednisone and methotrixate.I am also very vigil on my eating habits. I eat at least 5 or 6 servings of raw vegetables every day and try to only to eat only the healthy things and a occasion of something sweet but i try to be modest with that. I found good sweets that are healthier than regular cookies and ice cream. I also take supplements: turmeric, probiotics, krill oil, creatine and i will buy other supplements like vitamin c,and e. When i went to the doctor before i started back taking the antibiotic my cpk was around 4,000 i went to the doctor two weeks ago and it went down to 3,000. I will continually to be optimistic on my progress and continue to pray for my progress. I decided to add exercise more often in my day by walking everyday and stretching, and weight lifting. The weight lifting is just my five lbs. weigh and do curls and moves with it. The weight moving can get hard but i am determine to improve i am sick of being this way. Wish me luck everyone! Also when i went to the doctor my AST is almost back to normal...

Last edited by shar621; 09-10-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
(male)

steveachris HB User
Re: antibiotic treatment

Hello - My wife was diagnosed with polymyositis and ILD in early March of 2010 with a more recent diagnoses of dermatomyositis in November. Because of the possible side effects of the prednisone and celcept we are seeking alternative treatments. She is going to start the antibiotic protocal in January. I was wondering if you have seen any side effects of the antibiotic treatment and potentially if you could share your experience with the antibiotics. Thank you for any information you could provide.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
(female)

shar621 HB User

Hey there just getting your message i do not come on this web site that often. Well personally i really do not experience any side effects but everyone is different. It is said that in the beginning you can feel really bad that you want to quit but that is is known as the herx reaction. I think i went through it but can't say for certain because in the beginning i always feel bad. You have to be patient with the treatment because it does not improve overnight. Some people report optimal health several months or years. I can't say im at my optimal yet but i have improve significant. I will go back to my doc. on March and I'm hoping that my cpk numbers are normal or close to normal. Best of luck!

Last edited by moderator2; 01-19-2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites

Old 01-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #4
(female)

Iodine64 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharimagia View Post
Hello everyone! well since Feb. of this year I have been on the antibiotic protocol treatment. At first, I was very proactive with the treatment but my stubborn head i end up getting off of it. Then in May i developed shingles and it made me very sad to developed another ailment. Since July i went back on the antibiotic and i am going to commit to taking it. I am also taking prednisone and methotrixate.I am also very vigil on my eating habits. I eat at least 5 or 6 servings of raw vegetables every day and try to only to eat only the healthy things and a occasion of something sweet but i try to be modest with that. I found good sweets that are healthier than regular cookies and ice cream. I also take supplements: turmeric, probiotics, krill oil, creatine and i will buy other supplements like vitamin c,and e. When i went to the doctor before i started back taking the antibiotic my cpk was around 4,000 i went to the doctor two weeks ago and it went down to 3,000. I will continually to be optimistic on my progress and continue to pray for my progress. I decided to add exercise more often in my day by walking everyday and stretching, and weight lifting. The weight lifting is just my five lbs. weigh and do curls and moves with it. The weight moving can get hard but i am determine to improve i am sick of being this way. Wish me luck everyone! Also when i went to the doctor my AST is almost back to normal...
Boy you are really diligent about getting well. How are you doing? My polymyositis is under control. I am now trying to get off the Medrol after 25 years. My Adrenal gland just wont kick back in, so I guess I will be on a low dose the rest of my life. I hope you are in the best of health. Are you still on the antibiotics?
Hang in there!!

Old 01-20-2011, 03:57 AM   #5
(female)

shar621 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iodine64 View Post
Boy you are really diligent about getting well. How are you doing? My polymyositis is under control. I am now trying to get off the Medrol after 25 years. My Adrenal gland just wont kick back in, so I guess I will be on a low dose the rest of my life. I hope you are in the best of health. Are you still on the antibiotics?
Hang in there!!
Yes im still doing the antibiotics and everything else. I am just tired of feeling ill. Always having to say i cant because was just too much. I hope to get off of prednisone soon.

Closed Thread