It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2010, 04:09 AM   #1
(male)

redwoody55 HB User
need advice

hi everyone i am hoping that someone can help/advise me.i live in the north west of england and hoping that someone can point me to a consultant familiar with dermatomyositis. i have suffered with hip/pelvic/lower back ache for approx 2 years. in the last 7 months i have suffered increasing muscle pain in my thighs calves arms shoulders and more recently chest. i have almost constant tingling, pins n needles , burning sensations which vary in severity. it is only more recent that i have developed more noticeable skin symptoms. knuckles and elbows have developed patches of rough skin that look like ingrained dirt,red patches across cheeks,lower legs and feet which look like patches/streaks of sunburn and constant severe itching which i have scratched to the point of bleeding. on occasions i do have difficulty getting up from sitting/getting out of bath but my main problem is walking any reasonable distance. after about 150-200 mtrs my legs feel as though they are totally drained of energy/very heavy and i have some difficulty breathing,and am short of breath.
blood tests have shown raised ck and have had emg/nct recently.my predicament is that i am beng passed from one consultant to another with no diagnosis.my gp is very supportive and is trying her best to treat the symptons but so far with no success and also feels unable to do more without a firm diagnosis. it has only been my own research that has led me to believe that i may be suffering with dermatomyositis. any advice/input would be much appreciated thank you

Last edited by redwoody55; 12-14-2010 at 05:39 AM. Reason: missed wording

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread