It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
(female)

bxq HB User
Cellcept for Polymyositis

Hi,

Has anyone taken Cellcept for PM? Does this drug stabilize the CK level? Does it help with reduction of inflammation?

Old 02-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
(female)

elloren HB User
Re: Cellcept for Polymyositis

I have been taking Cellcept for 3 years along with prednisone . The Cellcept has stabilized my CK levels.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
(female)

bxq HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elloren View Post
I have been taking Cellcept for 3 years along with prednisone . The Cellcept has stabilized my CK levels.
\

Did you exprience any side effects from Cellcept? After purchasing the generic Cellcept, it freightened me reading the side effects of the drug. I guess it can have quite an effect of the GI and cause people to get sick.

Did your doctor replace Cellcept for Prednisone?

Thanks,

bxq

Old 07-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
(female)

lydmom HB User

Have'nt heard much about cellcept, I have been on Imuran for about 28 years and doing great CPK has been normal for years but was a little high last check-up. Let me know if you get any info on cellcept would like to know side effects.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
(male)

Josef24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxq View Post
Hi,

Has anyone taken Cellcept for PM? Does this drug stabilize the CK level? Does it help with reduction of inflammation?
Hello, I saw your message & I assume you have been on Cellcept for a while by now. I wonder if you have noticed a difference. I started a couple of months ago (May)...I know that the effect is listed as cumlative. I have fentanyl patches 50mg. for pain management along with Paracetamol 4,000 mg per day. I do feel that the pain is less, even though somedays it is difficult! I know that the inflamation is down considerably, because I have monthly bloods done & according to the chart maintained by my very wonderful doctor. I still have only been able to reduce the prednisolone down to 9mg. Somedays it is still difficult to not give into the pain & soreness, but I know that I won't. God Bless & best wishes.

Closed Thread