It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
(male)

smays HB User
muscle pain and stiffness

I'm a type to diabetic, with neurophy in the legs and now hands. I was taking statins for colesteral. Took for several months and became virtually immoble due to muscle pain throughout legs, back and shoulders. Finally I went to a neurologist and he told me to stop the statins. I have been off of the statins for 6 months. While the muscles have gotten better I still can not do any exercise. I have muscle pain and weakness in legs, arms, back and shoulders just from walking down the hall carrying a cup of coffee. Muscles in hand swell when holding pen, fork, spoon. Jaws get tight wen chewing food. Been taking massages almost every week for 6 months with no relief. Could this be something bigger? CPK readings between 480-570 over the past 6 months.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
(female)

waddles HB User
Re: muscle pain and stiffness

Have you been checked for polymyositis? You would have to have a biopsy on your muschle. Also they do that electrical test on your leg and arm muscles. I forgot what you call that test but it not the most fun thing to go through!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
(male)

smays HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddles View Post
Have you been checked for polymyositis? You would have to have a biopsy on your muschle. Also they do that electrical test on your leg and arm muscles. I forgot what you call that test but it not the most fun thing to go through!
Thanks for the reply. I have been to a neurologist and they have done nerve conduction test and I have nerve damage in my legs and carpel tunnel in my hands. The damage is worse on my left side for both legs and hands. He didn't suggest the muscle biopsy. I go to my PCP next week. Might bring it up cause it's not getting any better. Seems to be a little wose every few days.

The following user gives a hug of support to smays:
waddles (06-03-2011)
Old 11-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
(male)

smays HB User

My muscle biopsy came back normal for myocitis however they did find floaters, however my CPK and other muscle damage indicators are now higher then before. back to the neurologist for more tests

Reply Reply