It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
(female)

keeks30 HB User
multiple symptoms causing severe anxiety

Hi.. I'm new here. After a month of health problems and obsessive online research, my brother (who also suffers from severe anxiety) recommended I jump on a message board.
Here goes. First off, I'm a healthy 23 yr old female.
Exactly one month ago I noticed I had a headache that lasted all day. It was a dull ache that sort of started on the sides and radiated almost to the top of my head. The reason I noticed this was because I never get headaches unless I'm menstrual or extremely exhausted. A few days later I realized I still had the headache. I wouldn't wake up with it, it would just get worse throughout the day. After a week of the dull headache I noticed it change. It was concentrated on the left side of my head and it hurt when I moved my scalp or laid on that side when I went to bed. My anxiety was running high so I went to the doctor (not my normal gp) and he said it sounded like a tension headache. He prescribed Naproxen. He also said that I gave him no reason to believe I need an MRI. I left for Hawaii the next day and after a sequence of traveling disasters and worrying about leaving home with the headache, my anxiety was out the roof. The anxiety gave me new symptoms that scared me even more and I eventually had an attack in the bathroom of a restaurant. Everyone was telling me my headache sounded nerve related and that I should just see a chiropractor.

The day I returned from Hawaii I saw my normal gp and told him about the headache. He touched my head and my neck and said the muscles are tight so they are probably pinching a nerve. He prescribed some Ativan for the anxiety and Flexeril for the muscles. I decided to go to a massage therapist and she said I was extremely tight in the neck/back region. A few days after the massage the pain on in my head subsided a little but the back of my eyes felt extremely bruised.. I was outside a lot and started seeing floaters, too. Just another symptom to scare the crap out of me.

I saw the chiropractor twice and got another massage... Nothing has really worked. Head pain still there, but eye pain was gone.

By this point I had thought about brain tumors and aneurysms.

I started doing research about a week ago and scared myself into thinking I had Leukemia. I was a hysterical mess and demanded a blood test. I noticed my fingers hurting and swore it was joint pain from Leukemia. I was severely anxious and depressed to the point of missing work. The CBC came back perfect on Wednesday so I was relieved... Until yesterday. As the day went on my ENTIRE body started to hurt. Pain radiating from forearms to fingers, upper back, lower back, quads, knees, shins and toes. My calved are extremely tight and painful, too. Some people told tried to tell me it was from stress or it was in my head, but there is no way either are possible.

I went back to the dr to go over the CBC and I was hysterical in his office telling him how my entire body was in a lot of pain... It even felt like my organs were being affected. He pushed, prodded, asked questions and admitted he really didn't know what it could be. Encephalitis? Virus? Who knows... I thought maybe early stages of Firbomyalgia. I had more blood taken and went back today to get some Savella (for Fibromyalgia) and the nurse told me my CRP levels showed inflammation.

I go home and research high CRP levels and what do I find? Heart disease, autoimmune disease, cancer... I'm already terrified about cancer so this just added fuel to the fire. The nurse didn't seem overly concerned about the CRP levels, so should I not be overly concerned either?

The headache was already scaring me and now my entire body hurts. I feel like even my organs are hurting. I'm waiting on health insurance so I don't know what my next step should be.

Sorry for the novel, I hope someone has some experience with one or more of these symptoms....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread