It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
(female)

blessedtobeme HB Userblessedtobeme HB User
Re: polymyositis

Hi Ldymom,

I hope that your CPK level was closer to normal and that you are feeling better.

I was just diagnosed today with PM and a tentative diagnosis of RA, in addition to Raynauds. They are starting me on 60mg of Prednisone for 4 weeks then tapering down. I hope to find others that are suffering with this to chat with because it has been a long, hard, road to diagnosis and I have just as many questions as before.

My Rheumy said I must know my body very well because I am in the beginning of the PM and RA, thus the pain and weakness are not severe yet. However, I did not tell her that I have a very high tolerance for pain even to having a broken wrist and not even going to the doctor. Just thought it was very sprained, et. bruised, swollen, and painful. I have known something was wrong for 2 years at least because of the increasing fatigue, muscle weakness and breathlessness.

Anyway, I'm really glad to have a diagnosis and others to share information with. Thanks.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: polymyositis

Shari, Could you tell us what antibiotic you were on, for how long, and is there a theory behind why this antibiotic would help myositis? I am glad you are doing so much better. Gives a bit of hope to those of us still plodding along in the thick of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply