It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

txangel1019 HB User
Post polymyositis..seems neverending

3 years ago i was what u call normal. I was working.i has just taken a Semester off to plan my wedding. And then i woke up with pain n my.shoulder. By the next day it had gotten worse and i was screaming.in pain. Which says alot cause I had Always been able to deal with pain. The doctor said i overextended it. Well within two wks i was completely crippled. I was 21 and scared out of my mind. To top it off all my family live n tx. Thank god for my now husband. He had to wash me. Dress me. Roll me.over every 30min at night. Take me to the bathroom. Etc. 3 yrs later here i am n bed because the pain is soooo bad i feel as though Im gonna pass out. On top of polymyositis i have ra and colitis. And they just found a Cyst in my brain. I ran out of pain meds so its a day n bed for me. I take methotrexate. Celebrex. Vitamins. And 4 months ago i started retuxen a form of chemo. Which for a while was doing good. I was able to grip things. But since its getting close to my next dosage the pain is ridiculous. I Ws told not all cases have chronic pain. There is always someone out there who Hs it worse. Everything Happens for a reason. And god has a plan. I live by those sayings. U should to.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: txangel1019
grunts123 (09-12-2011), lydmom (09-20-2011)
Old 09-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
(female)

lydmom HB User
Re: polymyositis..seems neverending

Yes it does seem neverending, I am currently on Imuran and have been for years. I have some pain but not so bad as I have read others have. I was so weak at one time I was like you. I can now do some things but bending over and picking up things is hard for me. I can't run or jump simple things like making the bed is hard for me. I get angry and am determined to get stronger and the way I deal with this is to think positive which sometimes is hard but important. I will not let this beat me I will defeat this by getting stronger and i'm determined to do just that. Nothing is impossible with God and this I know for a fact cause at one time I could not walk, today I walk and do things that were impossible, next goal trying to run...a slow run but a run. I hope things get better for you prayers goin your way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #3
(female)

txangel1019 HB User
Re: polymyositis..seems neverending

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydmom View Post
Yes it does seem neverending, I am currently on Imuran and have been for years. I have some pain but not so bad as I have read others have. I was so weak at one time I was like you. I can now do some things but bending over and picking up things is hard for me. I can't run or jump simple things like making the bed is hard for me. I get angry and am determined to get stronger and the way I deal with this is to think positive which sometimes is hard but important. I will not let this beat me I will defeat this by getting stronger and i'm determined to do just that. Nothing is impossible with God and this I know for a fact cause at one time I could not walk, today I walk and do things that were impossible, next goal trying to run...a slow run but a run. I hope things get better for you prayers goin your way.
I agree. All u can do is stay positive. This sickness has changed me but not all bad

Reply Reply