It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
(female)

sclerogirl HB User
walking

Hello, I just want to know if anyone else has ever had this happen. I have myositis, along with many other autoimmune diseases, but right now the myositis, seems to bother me the most. I have been not doing much just hanging in the house, doing normal things, sitdown, then do something and then sit down, usually done by 3 because my body gives out, but had a surprise the other day. Went to a pulmonolgist for something else, they tested me for shortness of breath b y doing a oxygen meter test while taking a six min non stop walk. Well I could not walk the distance. Not because of my oxygen that was fine, it was my legs, my thighs, they burned so bad, and my hips by four mins I was litterly pushing my legs and hips to have me make it through it. I could not believe how bad I was. I guess by not walking distances for so long I have noticed some progression. Also my imuran was lowered in Nov from 200 to 150 and I can not wonder if that had something to do with it too., I swim twice a week for the past two months and am doing fine with that. I am not lazy person, but I can not walk past four mins straight withoug the severe burning and pain,. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Reply Reply