It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Myositis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
(female)

Withered HB User
fingertips peeling

Has anyone had thickening of the skin on fingertips, and it peels in deep layers and then restarts the cycle. Some days they are so dry and cracked that they bleed, they feel like they have a layer of glue that's hardened on them. They feel somewhat numb, a definate lack of sensation in them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: fingertips peeling

Sounds like you need to see a doctor

Sorry couldn't be of more help...but that sounds like a doctor call.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

You may be experiencing effects of Raynaud's, a vascular spasm that occurs in the small arteries of the fingers and sometimes toes. It causes intermittent color changes in the hands/fingers turning them blue/purple, bright red, or "dead" white. It is often brought on by cold temperatures or cold water on hands. The spasm causes decreased circulation to fingertips, and can cause the skin to thicken, crack, peel, or even ulcerate. If you experience these color changes, I would take a picture of your hands/fingers when the color changes are noticeable, and see your Dr. If your hands look perfectly normal while you are there, you can show the pictures to get your point across and document what you are experiencing. Some people get just very dry calloused skin on fingertips that crack and bleed, and a heavy skin cream like Eucerine rubbed in 2-3 times a day can help.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #4
(female)

ram846 HB User

The palms of my hands and bottom of my feet still peel. It's not painful and I can usually hide it pretty well if I keep enough lotion on it. My wife likes to tease that I'm a lizard molting. Small price to pay for what could have been an unfortunate alternative.

Last edited by ram846; 06-22-2013 at 06:10 AM.

Reply Reply