It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2003, 10:57 AM   #1
(female)

ms_metis HB User
Question TIPS Nail Conditioning? Marti?

Hello,
I recently saw an ad for TIPS Nail Conditioning on QVC and wonder if anyone had any luck with it. My nails are dry and peel. I have really dry cuticles and my nails don't grow straight (they start to curl under). Also, I've started to notice ridges in my nails.

I don't wear artificial nails. I normally use cuticle cream and a hardner.

When I looked at the ingredient list for TIPS, here is what's in it:

Soybean Oil, Fragrance, Phenoxyethenol,Tocopheryl, Methyplparapen, Butylparaben, Ethylparaen, Propyl Paraben, And Other Ingredents.

I just wonder if this stuff is a waist of my money and what I should do to have natural, healthy nails that have some length to them.

Thanks!
;-)

Last edited by ms_metis; 12-18-2003 at 11:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2003, 11:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: TIPS Nail Conditioning? Marti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_metis
Hello,
I recently saw an ad for TIPS Nail Conditioning on QVC and wonder if anyone had any luck with it. My nails are dry and peel. I have really dry cuticles and my nails don't grow straight (they start to curl under). Also, I've started to notice ridges in my nails.

Soybean Oil, Fragrance, Phenoxyethenol,Tocopheryl, Methyplparapen, Butylparaben, Ethylparaen, Propyl Paraben, And Other Ingredents.

I just wonder if this stuff is a waist of my money and what I should do to have natural, healthy nails that have some length to them.

Thanks!
;-)
As a 35 year veteran of the nail industry, I can tell you that the ingredients you listed won't do much for your nails OR your cuticles. Go to a Sally Beauty Supply and purchase a bottle of Botanical Oil in the nail department. You could also purchase a bottle of Solar Oil in fine nail salons or in an Ulta Cosmetics outlet. Both oils contain jojoba, vitamin E, rice bran, safflower, sweet almond oil or passion flower oil. Apply to the nails and cuticles and massage in at LEAST two times daily and ALWAYS at night.

The oils will help to condition/rehydrate your skin and nails, and will help alleviate the ridging. You should see a huge difference within a couple of weeks.

If you find some CU3renu by Creative Nail Design, or some Solar Balm, that will help as well.

I might add that nail strengtheners contain formaldehyde. Formaldehyde will make your nails appear 'harder' by actually drying out the nail plate - this may be one reason for the peeling and the downward turn at the free edge. It will also make the nails more prone to breakage. I recommend you stop using it for a while and opt for the oil.

Last edited by Marti; 12-18-2003 at 11:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2003, 12:08 PM   #3
(female)

ms_metis HB User

Thanks. I read some of your previous post about SolarOil and Botanical Oil. I going to give this a try. I might make my own oil. I found on one post this receipe:

4oz Jojoba; 1oz Vit E; 1oz Rice Bran; 1 oz Sweet Almond Oil

After reading about Jojoba and Vit E oils, I'm wondering if I could use them on other dry areas like my face? I have such combo skin...really dry except for the t-zone area. Since I turned 30, my skin, hair and nails have changed. My cuticles are so dry...I hope this helps with the cuticles and add some moisture to my nails.

Again Thanks.

Old 12-18-2003, 02:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

Quote:
Thanks. I read some of your previous post about SolarOil and Botanical Oil. I going to give this a try. I might make my own oil. I found on one post this receipe:

4oz Jojoba; 1oz Vit E; 1oz Rice Bran; 1 oz Sweet Almond Oil

After reading about Jojoba and Vit E oils, I'm wondering if I could use them on other dry areas like my face? I have such combo skin...really dry except for the t-zone area. Since I turned 30, my skin, hair and nails have changed. My cuticles are so dry...I hope this helps with the cuticles and add some moisture to my nails.

Again Thanks.
The mixture you mentioned is one of my 'recipes'. It can be used anywhere on the body where you are experiencing dryness - skin OR nails.

Old 12-18-2003, 08:31 PM   #5
(female)

ms_metis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti
The mixture you mentioned is one of my 'recipes'. It can be used anywhere on the body where you are experiencing dryness - skin OR nails.
I hope it didn't sound as if I was taking credit for the recipe or not acknowledging I got it from one of your post. I apologize if it came across that way.

Old 12-19-2003, 06:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
I hope it didn't sound as if I was taking credit for the recipe or not acknowledging I got it from one of your post. I apologize if it came across that way.
Didn't take it that way

Old 08-09-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
(female)

babyface yorkie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_metis View Post
Hello,

Thanks!
;-)
Hello there...I have just signed up to be able to answer your question...I purchased T.I.P.S. about two years ago from our shopping chanel in Ontario. All I can say is that I have just repurchased a couple of new bottles over the net...I LOVE IT...I have alway bitten my nails...but with tips...this is the only product that give me nails...they grow quickly (surprisingly) and very healthy and pliable...I have had them long than false nails...Good Luck...and would strongly recommend this product...it does what it say...Grows your nails Beautifully.
Many Blessing,
Ann

Old 08-10-2008, 07:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: TIPS Nail Conditioning?

After reading th ingredients for this product, it looks like it contains oil, frangance, ethanol (made from the same oil refinement as gasoline) and a lot of different types of wax (paraben). None of which will penetrate the surface of the skin and nails, thank goodness. They will only sit on the surface of the skin and will make it appear that your nails and skin are healthy. If you really want to recondition your skin and nails, you need to use a good quality nail and cuticle oil that contains pure essential oils such as Jojoba and Vitamin E.

Closed Thread