It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2004, 10:08 PM   #1

ButterflyGirl22 HB User
Amoresse Thymol vs. Tea Tree Oil?

I bought some Amoresse Thymol (just received it in the mail today!) and I'm going to stop using Vick's VapoRub for my toenail fungus problem and see how the Thymol works. I've been using the Vick's since about February and as of now my toenail still has yellow in areas, but it is no longer thick like it used to be. It's "almost" the normal thickness of my other toenails. I will post my progress in the coming months. I'm really hoping this helps.

I've noticed that some people are using Tea Tree Oil to treat nail fungus. Does anyone know if one is better than the other, Thymol vs. Tea Tree Oil? Is one better or stronger for treating this or are they just two different remedies? Thanks!

Old 05-02-2004, 05:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Amoresse Thymol vs. Tea Tree Oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyGirl22
I bought some Amoresse Thymol (just received it in the mail today!) and I'm going to stop using Vick's VapoRub for my toenail fungus problem and see how the Thymol works. I've been using the Vick's since about February and as of now my toenail still has yellow in areas, but it is no longer thick like it used to be. It's "almost" the normal thickness of my other toenails. I will post my progress in the coming months. I'm really hoping this helps.

I've noticed that some people are using Tea Tree Oil to treat nail fungus. Does anyone know if one is better than the other, Thymol vs. Tea Tree Oil? Is one better or stronger for treating this or are they just two different remedies? Thanks!
Tea Tree Oil is a natural antiseptic and analgesic. It is also VERY drying to the skin. it will help to remove the excess moisture that the fungal spores need to grow, but it will not kill the fungus. Give the Thymol a try. It is the ingredient in Vicks that helps to defeat the fungus.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2004, 09:39 AM   #3

nitsirk71 HB User

I am starting to get into Aromatherapy and just got a book specifically about Tea Tree Oil. I looked up nail fungus and here is what I found. It said to apply pure Tea Tree oil to affected area and around cuticle and massage in well, don't rinse off. You can also soak affected area for 5 minutes daily in a mixture of 10 drops of Tea Tree oil and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, almond oil or wheat germ oil. In all the books I have it states that Tea Tree oil is good for getting rid of fungus. I hope this helps.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:14 AM   #4

ButterflyGirl22 HB User

Thanks nitsirk71. What kind of olive oil should be used? Does the book say how long this will take, like how many months of doing this? I've been using the thymol every morning and night and at first my toenail looked worse, then started looking better. It seems more clear now, but it bulges out and then back down, very slightly. I'm hoping that in time, if I keep using thymol, it will improve. If in six months or so my nail doesn't look normal or continue to improve, I will try other options, such as the tea tree oil mix. I'm really hoping to not have to take oral medicine for this, but that's what it might come to. I hear that doesn't always work either. This is very frustrating. Thanks again!

Old 06-11-2004, 01:21 PM   #5

nitsirk71 HB User

I believe any kind of olive oil can be used. I read in another book that castor oil can also be used for the soak. I couldn't find in any of my books how long it should take to see results. I really hope something works for you.

Old 06-12-2004, 11:57 AM   #6
Inactive

jtu91952 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsirk71
I am starting to get into Aromatherapy and just got a book specifically about Tea Tree Oil. I looked up nail fungus and here is what I found. It said to apply pure Tea Tree oil to affected area and around cuticle and massage in well, don't rinse off. You can also soak affected area for 5 minutes daily in a mixture of 10 drops of Tea Tree oil and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, almond oil or wheat germ oil. In all the books I have it states that Tea Tree oil is good for getting rid of fungus. I hope this helps.
i agree with you. I have had nail fungus for about a yr. My podiarist told me i could not use lamasil becuz of possible liver damage. i told him about the tea tree oil treatment and he said he could tell i was doing something becuz of the improvement of my toenails. So tea tree really does work.

Closed Thread