It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2004, 08:07 AM   #1

Location: Outside of a small town in TX. I love it. Peace and quiet and down the road from my parents.
angnicmarie HB User
Question FLAKING< PEELING> NAILS>>>VERY SOFT

Hello My nails are HORRIBLE They will not even get growing before they start peeling to shreds. They are VERY VERY weak. I can put an indention into the nail bed, thats how weak.... Has anyone else experienced this mess???? and if so, have you ever asked a doctor for the causes? My nails have been like this for about 2 years. Its just LAYERS of peeling. Thanks for any response. Nicole

Old 06-22-2004, 04:28 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: FLAKING< PEELING> NAILS>>>VERY SOFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by angnicmarie
Hello My nails are HORRIBLE They will not even get growing before they start peeling to shreds. They are VERY VERY weak. I can put an indention into the nail bed, thats how weak.... Has anyone else experienced this mess???? and if so, have you ever asked a doctor for the causes? My nails have been like this for about 2 years. Its just LAYERS of peeling. Thanks for any response. Nicole
Are you getting enough Calcium?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2004, 09:43 AM   #3

Location: Outside of a small town in TX. I love it. Peace and quiet and down the road from my parents.
angnicmarie HB User

I take a multi-vitamin every day, and also calcium supplements due to radical hysterectomy at 25 and extensive radiation. Nicole

Old 08-12-2004, 11:12 AM   #4

tamaralynn2 HB User

There is also a vitamin E fortified nail slicker that you can paint on. It will harden like clear nail polish, but it really does work. I used to have horrible nails.

Old 08-13-2004, 05:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

Flaking, peeling nails can be helped tremendously if you wear gloves whenever having your hands in water a lot or when using any type of household cleaning solution or gardening.

Water will wick the natural oils and moisture from the nail plate, leaving it weak, brittle and prone to breakage.

You can apply a good quality nail and cuticle oil at least twice daily to help replenish the levels of natural oils and moisture. As we age, these levels drop dramatically.

For more information on your natural nails, you can visit my (approved by moderator 1) website: http://www.hooked-on-nails.com

Old 08-14-2004, 05:59 PM   #6

Christina42503 HB User

I used to have problems w/my nails peeling very bad. I asked a doctor one time during a checkup and she said that rubbing Extra Virgin Olive Oil around the cuticle atleast once a day helps keep them moisturized so they don't get too dry and weak. I've been rubbing it on my nails for a few months and it has done wonders for my nails. Good luck! :-)

Closed Thread