It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2004, 01:43 PM   #1

limoman HB User
Loose Toe Nail - What Should I Do?

My big toe has somehow become infected. I'm guessing it was from an ingrown toe nail. It was pretty sore to the touch about 10-15 days ago, but improved dramatically after trimming the part of the nail that appeared to be causing the problem and soaking in warm water with Epsom Salt.

However, now it appears that the toe is infected under the middle of the nail. It slowly drains a yellowish fluid and the nail has become loose. In fact the nail is about 2/3 off. The left side of the nail (where the original problem started) is now detached, but held firmly in place still by the right side of the nail.

Thankfully it's not terribly sore. (Maybe a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10.) I've begun soaking it again once a day in warm water with Epsom Salt, but was wonder if that is the right thing to do.

Any thoughts, tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by limoman; 08-30-2004 at 10:47 AM.

Old 09-04-2004, 07:28 AM   #2

limoman HB User
Re: Infected Toe - What Should I Soak It In?

Well it's been a week and no response. I guess my situation must be extremely unusual.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 05:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoman
Well it's been a week and no response. I guess my situation must be extremely unusual.

Thanks for the help.
You are doing the right thing by soaking in Epsom Salt - just keep it clean and dry. It will grow back in reattached.

Old 09-08-2004, 05:55 AM   #4

limoman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti
You are doing the right thing by soaking in Epsom Salt - just keep it clean and dry. It will grow back in reattached.
Thanks Marti

Old 09-22-2004, 07:57 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Ms Harriet HB User
Re: Loose Toe Nail - What Should I Do?

well you might as well soak it in candy for all the good epsom salts does you,. you need to get that bad boy in some sea salt. i had an ingrow on my left big toe that was infected and i got it operated on and the infection spread hardcore and tunred to gange greene so they had to cut off my whole toe. ingrowns and infection in your toes are nothing to screw around with believe me. my other toe is doing the same thing and you better believe ive got it in salt water every chance i get. you need to get it trimmed properly go to a PODOLOGIST not a doctor, the doc will want to operate. ask the podologist about a glue on brace, ive got one and its working wonders!

Closed Thread