It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2004, 04:56 PM   #1

cordelia HB User
Lamisil and Sporanax for toe nail fungus?

Hi,

Does anyone know if these two work basically the same for toe nail fungus? I have a prescription for Lamisil from my podiatrist, but my insurance will run out before the third month's prescription can be filled. I'm wondering if Sporonax is the same drug, b/c I could take that for the third month instead. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2004, 10:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Lamisil and Sporanax for toe nail fungus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordelia
Hi,

Does anyone know if these two work basically the same for toe nail fungus? I have a prescription for Lamisil from my podiatrist, but my insurance will run out before the third month's prescription can be filled. I'm wondering if Sporonax is the same drug, b/c I could take that for the third month instead. thanks
They both do the same thing, but I believe Sporonox doesn't carry the same health warnings as Lamasil. Check with your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
(female)

niniwa1 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Lamisil and Sporanax for toe nail fungus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti View Post
They both do the same thing, but I believe Sporonox doesn't carry the same health warnings as Lamasil. Check with your doctor.
Sporanax and Lamisil are both antifungal treatments. Sporanax is taken in capsule form and prescibed in a course often from a couple of weeks to 3 months. Lamsil is a topical solution often used with skin infections in a spray or cream which applied daily until problem is clear. Often the toenails are heavily infected and require oral treament. Lastly they are not the same drug. They can be used together to gain results. Goodluck...

Old 04-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Lamisil and Sporanax for toe nail fungus?

Prescription Lamasil is an oral medication - Lamasil can also be purchased in liquid form as a topical treatment from your local Drug Store.

Closed Thread