It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2004, 05:31 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

melanie in mary HB User
Smile Best way to take off nail glue from your natural nail?

I am putting a clear, brush on nail glue over my natural nail to keep them from breaking while they grow. My only problem is that I do not know how to get it off my nails. I tried the nonacetone polish remover for artificial nails, that did not work then I tried the acetone polish remover that takes off regular polish. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks

Old 11-20-2004, 11:22 PM   #2
(female)

KrFr HB User
Re: Best way to take off nail glue from your natural nail?

I believe you will need to file the glue lightly between soaking sessions in either acetone or one of the kits to remove acrylic nails. You can get both at Wal-Mart. It will take a while. Just wiping the acetone on like you remove polish will not work. You have to soak it. Be sure you use a glass dish to do it.

I am using both an acrylic set and a gel set that I got at Sally's to do the same thing you are using the nail glue for. You may want to try that. One of the sets comes with a brush on glue type of liguid. After you brush it on you dip the wet nail into an fine acrylic powder and apply the liquid again. You then spray with a setting spray. The other kit is a gel and the setting spray is sprayed on after the gel is applied. Both are working very well for me.

One of the ladies who posts on this board is an expert. You will find a link to her website within many of her posts. It is very helpful in explaining both acrylic and gel nail application. Her name is Marti. You might want to search through some of her posts to find the link for her website.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2004, 04:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Best way to take off nail glue from your natural nail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareFree
I believe you will need to file the glue lightly between soaking sessions in either acetone or one of the kits to remove acrylic nails. You can get both at Wal-Mart. It will take a while. Just wiping the acetone on like you remove polish will not work. You have to soak it. Be sure you use a glass dish to do it.

I am using both an acrylic set and a gel set that I got at Sally's to do the same thing you are using the nail glue for. You may want to try that. One of the sets comes with a brush on glue type of liguid. After you brush it on you dip the wet nail into an fine acrylic powder and apply the liquid again. You then spray with a setting spray. The other kit is a gel and the setting spray is sprayed on after the gel is applied. Both are working very well for me.

One of the ladies who posts on this board is an expert. You will find a link to her website within many of her posts. It is very helpful in explaining both acrylic and gel nail application. Her name is Marti. You might want to search through some of her posts to find the link for her website.
Thanks for the 'blurb'! The easiest way to remove "glue" from the nail is to lightly file the surface with a 240 grit buffer, then soak off the glue in acetone. You can find the directions for 'Product Removal' on my website: www.hooked-on-nails.com (link approved by Moderator 1).

Closed Thread