It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2004, 06:28 AM   #1
(female)

Beccaboo HB User
Nail plate separated from nail bed - acrylic damage

On one of my fingers, my nail bed has separated from my nail plate when I removed my acrylics. The pink part has turned white (I don't know how else to explain it). Will the nail re-attach itself to the nail bed? Is there anyway to help it heal correctly? I am not manicurist but I have been doing my own nails for sometime now - I use Creative Nail products. I decided to take a break from them and instead of soaking them off I clipped & filed them off. Now my real nails are very thin and weak (and a few have 'receding' smile lines). Any advice?

Old 12-29-2004, 06:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Nail plate separated from nail bed - acrylic damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccaboo
On one of my fingers, my nail bed has separated from my nail plate when I removed my acrylics. The pink part has turned white (I don't know how else to explain it). Will the nail re-attach itself to the nail bed? Is there anyway to help it heal correctly? I am not manicurist but I have been doing my own nails for sometime now - I use Creative Nail products. I decided to take a break from them and instead of soaking them off I clipped & filed them off. Now my real nails are very thin and weak (and a few have 'receding' smile lines). Any advice?
If the smile line is receeding and the lifted area is white, you have one of two problems; you have become allergic to the monomer (liquid) from improper application due to overexposure to too much liquid, or you have aquired a yeast infection. Only your doctor can determine if it is a yeast infection. I am seriously leaning toward allergic reaction, and one of the more acute reactions is nail plate separation.

The reason your natural nails are thin is probably from filing the natural nail plate too much. Removeing too many vital nail plate layers from overfiling is the culprit of thin nails; so is clipping to remove the acrylic. Removing acrylic with nippers tears off vital nail plate layers as well. Give your nails a break!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2005, 04:14 AM   #3
(male)

Yuls HB User
Unhappy Overfiling

URGENT NEED SERIOUS HELP
I overfilled the pink part of the nail. This is where the nail plate attaches to the nail bed. However when it grows again it becomes white. This means it's not attach to the skin. Besides, the shape of my nail is not even. Is there any possible way the nail can reattach itself to the skin no matter how overfiled i filed it. I hope there is somthing that can be done in this modern world. I just hope there will be more pink part of the nail. I just want the pink part to be a square and not crokked or uneven in shape. I hope the the pink part where it meets the free edge can be even. There must be something that can be done. I am very desperate and hope there is a way. Really hope.

Last edited by Yuls; 06-05-2005 at 04:48 AM.

Old 06-05-2005, 08:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

Leave it alone! As the Matrix produces more nail plate cells, the damaged portion will grow forward withthe emerging nail plate. Yes, it will turn white where it has separated. Keep the area clean and dry at all times to prevent possible infection.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #5
(female)

nailzarehot HB User

Bec .. Ouch....You did the right thing kiddo. I would never suggest to soak off the AC.

But, also, never chip or pick, or peel at them, to get them off.

Let them wear off. And have a Dr. check it out. This is the best medicine.

Treat your hands and nails very tenderly and carefully.
We tend to not remember, we have been given five beautiful, healthy fingers and nails on each hand.

Bottom Line is....Always get a medical professional (Doctor)to help you out to determine whats going on.

Closed Thread