It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #1
Veteran

whatamess@35 HB User
A question for marti about moons and ridges on the nailbeds..

I was reading on another forum about the lil moons on your fingernail.This person said if your moons disappear then it means you have a vitamin difficiency.I no longer have the lil moons on my fingers except for a small amount showing on my thumbs.I also have in the last year developed vertical ridges on all of my toenails and fingernails.Could you please give your opinion on this ..Thanks

Old 01-10-2005, 05:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: A question for marti about moons and ridges on the nailbeds..

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatamess@35
I was reading on another forum about the lil moons on your fingernail.This person said if your moons disappear then it means you have a vitamin difficiency.I no longer have the lil moons on my fingers except for a small amount showing on my thumbs.I also have in the last year developed vertical ridges on all of my toenails and fingernails.Could you please give your opinion on this ..Thanks
Vertical ridging is a sign that your nail plate is dry. The ridges you are seeing are actually the 'rails and grooves' upon which the nail plate rides forward. When the nail plate becomes dried out, the 'ridges' will appear. If your matrix is dissappearing, it "can" be a sign of vitamin difficiency, but only your doctor can diagnose that problem, so I suggest a visit to your physician. Taking vitamins that you may not need is not a good idea, so ask him to suggest the exact ones you may need.

The ridges can be a sign that your body is difficient in natural oils and moisture as the ridges are the 'rails and grroves' upon which the nail plate rides forward on the nail bed. The ridges will appear with aging, dryness and sometimes an internal disorder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread