It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

melanie in mary HB User
Anyone Using Tips (from Qvc)?

Has anyone tried T.I.P.S (FOR NAILS)? iT IS A BRUSH ON PRODUCT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HOLD MOISTURE IN. I SAW IT ON QVC TELEVISION. JUST WONDERING IF IT REALLY HELPS.

Old 03-01-2005, 06:20 AM   #2
(female)

Kaycee41 HB User
Re: Anyone Using Tips (from Qvc)?

I haven't used the T.I.P.S, but I tried the pro-strong. I just got the flouride, not the entire kit, but I didn't notice much improvement with my number one problem...peeling and spliting. When I finish the bottle, I was thinking of trying the T.I.P.S. If I raked my nails across a piece of wood, like that lady in the demo, I wouldn,t have any nails left!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
(female)

Chris042142 HB User

I have been going to have my natural nails done for about a year (silk nails off for more than 2 years) and they are getting so bad I am embarrassed to go to the manicurist. Finally I went into beauty supply and asked if the lady knew anything to help. She recommended O P I as a base coat and to keep your nails square not oval as I had been doing. I then went to the manicurist and had my nails squared and the O P I applied as a base coat. They seem stronger but I will see how long that lasts.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

Even a base coat of polish will help to hold in natural moisture, however; too much moisture can make the nails too flexible. The best way to maintain natural oil and moisture levels in the skin and nails is to drink plenty of water, eat a healthy diet and apply a good quality nail and cuticle oil to the nails at least twice daily. Botanical Oil, available in the nail department of Sally Beauty Supply or Solar Oil which is available in fine nail salons are good choices. Apply twice daily and massage into the skin and nails.

Also, having your hands in water a lot will wick the natural oils and moisture from the skin and nails, so will using any type of strong solvent such as household cleaning solutions. Always wear gloves whenever having your hands in water for long periods or when using cleaning solutions.

One of the best ways to seal the natural nail is to buff it to a high shine with a 3-way buffer which will help to seal the nail plate layers. Buff first with the black side to refine the surface, the white side to semi-shine and the gray side to super shine. This will still allow a certain amount of moisture to reach the surface and evaporate, but not all of it.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
(female)

guitarmom HB User

I have been using T.I.P.S. for nails for years. In the long run, I had to follow ALL their instructions for the product to work. Once I implemented ALL their instructions, I ended up with much healthier nails.

Instruction #1: I now clip my nails to length, then seal them with the T.I.P.S. special nail file. I filed my nails from the time I was in 4th grade, and this was a hard habit to break, but clipping made a vast improvement.

Instruction #2: I apply the oil first thing in the morning before getting any water on my nails. Sorry to be graphic, but I keep the oil in the bathroom and apply it before ever washing my hands.

Instruction #3: I apply the oil EVERY day.

My nails are prone to breaking and splitting. Talk about paper-thin nails? Mine make paper look thick. But with daily use of T.I.P.S. and the above instructions, my nails are smooth and strong -- in less than one bottle of the oil!

Closed Thread