It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2005, 08:49 AM   #1
(female)

chrmdgurl HB User
Exclamation peeling nails

I'm 15 and my nails have been peeling for about a year. I have no idea what to do about it. I've heard it could be cause by a thyroid problem, not enough of a certain vitamin, or getting water under your fingernails. I don't know which one is true and which is false. Would you please help me with my problem? It's very embarassing when my nails peel because my fingernail polish will mess up. I wear fingernail polish to cover it up but it still happens. I want to be able to go without polish and show off my natural nails. Please help me!

Old 07-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: peeling nails

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrmdgurl
I'm 15 and my nails have been peeling for about a year. I have no idea what to do about it. I've heard it could be cause by a thyroid problem, not enough of a certain vitamin, or getting water under your fingernails. I don't know which one is true and which is false. Would you please help me with my problem? It's very embarassing when my nails peel because my fingernail polish will mess up. I wear fingernail polish to cover it up but it still happens. I want to be able to go without polish and show off my natural nails. Please help me!
Nails will peel for several reasons: if they are dried out, or if you have your hands in water a lot or use any type of household cleaning solution without wearing gloves. You can rehydrate your nails by applying Botanical OIl to them at least twice daily and massaging it into the nails and cuticles. Be sure to apply some to the underside of the nail as well.

Botanical Oil is available in the nail department of Sally Beauty Supply. While you are there, pick up a 3-way buffer. Buff the surface of the nail lightly with the black side to remove only the peeling portion. Then buff the entire nail surface with the white side, then the grey side.

For instructions on performing an 'at home' manicure and applying the 'perfect polish' please visit my website: www.hooked-on-nails.com and click on the 'manicure' button. (Link approved by Moderator 1.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #3
(female)

chrmdgurl HB User
Re: peeling nails

Thanks I'll have to try that.

Closed Thread