It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2005, 11:13 PM   #1
(male)

Tofuninja5489 HB User
Broken Baby Toe nail

My baby brother has broken both his big toe's nails. The part that worries me is that they won't grow correctly. They were both broken in the middle.

Illustration

Bottom
|-----|
|~~~|
|____|

Sorry for the crude picture

The ~~~ is where it is broken. Both parts are still attached to his toe. It looks painful but he (a four year old) assures me that nothing is wrong. It also looks like the bottom section is goiing under the top section that broke on both toes.

Is there anything wrong with this? If there is please do tell and help a worrying older brother.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 07:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Broken Baby Toe nail

It can take up to a year for the emerging healthy nail plate to push the damaged portion completely off the nail bed. Where it looks like there are two portions one on top of the other, there probably is. He may have only broken the top two portions of the nail plate and the underlying portion that touches the nail bed may still be intact. If it isn't painful to him, then there should be no problem except letting it grow out on its own.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread