It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
(male)

lb94state HB User
Red spot under fingernail

I have a red spot showing under the center of my 3rd fingernail ,when I touch that spot it is sore only in that area,how do I correct this.

Old 10-12-2005, 05:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Red spot under fingernail

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb94state
I have a red spot showing under the center of my 3rd fingernail ,when I touch that spot it is sore only in that area,how do I correct this.
Any change in the nail plate is cause for concern - I would see our doctor or dermatologist. It could be just about anything!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2005, 06:35 AM   #3
(female)

Kerra HB User

The spot could be a host of different things. Did you damage the finger in anyway?

This summer I had my first set of fake nails on. When I took them off, I had five nails that had a red spot under the nail and were quite sore. There was also a dip in the nail itself. They healed on their own.

If your think it's something serious and causing alot of pain, check with your doctor.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerra
The spot could be a host of different things. Did you damage the finger in anyway?

This summer I had my first set of fake nails on. When I took them off, I had five nails that had a red spot under the nail and were quite sore. There was also a dip in the nail itself. They healed on their own.

If your think it's something serious and causing alot of pain, check with your doctor.
the red spots in your particular case were what we commonly refer to as "rings of fire" where the nail tech overfiled your natural nails - that's why they had the dent to go along with the redness.

Closed Thread