It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
(female)

spinizuey HB User
I think my big toe nail stopped growing (is swollen too)

I'm a bit concerned. I have reason to believe my left big toenail has stopped growing.
I had nail polish on my nails since the summer... and the right big toenail the polish has almost entirely "grown off", and the left one hasn't changed since the half-way mark. In addition to that, I have some severe pain at the base of the nail, as well as being swollen and red. I tried searching the boards here (and the internet) for similar symptoms.. but I haven't found anything that quite deals with this...

I see that "fungus" is a common problem with toenails, but I don't see any dramatic discoloration... yet. Any idea of what's going on? Will I have to seek medical attention or will something at home work? Please help. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: I think my big toe nail stopped growing (is swollen too)

I would seek medical attention. Fungus would not prohibit nail growth, so there is something else going on entirely. Also, since it is swollen and painful, you really need medical advice.

You could have developed a growth under the nail plate or in the nail matrix.

Last edited by Marti; 02-22-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hevinly HB User
Re: I think my big toe nail stopped growing (is swollen too)

I had the problem one time with my big toe nail after I dropped something on it. It stopped growing for a couple of months without any color change. When it did start to grow out it had a edge of where the old toe nail was and the new began. The new nail was slight yellow and I kept having problems with it growing some and stopping. It also kept having the edge that kept getting pushed forward so it would have like 3 or more edges all on one nail and it was a slope from where it kept being pushed forward and up. I'm trying to find something now to use since I've heard of so many live problems from medicines doctors give you. I've also had the same problem happen with my other big toe after dropping something on it. I would have it checked out incase it does what mine does. It does become embarressing when your toe nails start growing wierd and become discolored. It would be better to try to get it fixed soon.

Closed Thread