It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

cosmicgirl HB User
Very deep groove in middle toenail???

Hi

I have had a sore toe for about a week and have just noticed a very, very deep groove going horizontally across the middle of my nail - right across from one side to the other. It is very painful, the top half (above the groove) feels very soft and the bottom half feels quite strong.

Has anyone had this before, or know what it can be??? I got a huge shock when I sore it but can't get to the doctors until Monday.

I have not banged my nail or anything so have no idea what it can be. Please let me know if anyone has any information that might help.

Thanks
Susan

Old 02-26-2006, 07:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Very deep groove in middle toenail???

Usually a deep horizontal groove across the nail would signify Beau's Lines, but it would also be accompanied by a discoloration in, or at, the line.

If you have not damaged the matrix in any way that you remember, this could signify something else entirely - something systemic, so you might want to seek medical advice. Ay change in the nail plate is cause for concern - especially since our nails are the first thing to experience changes if there is something wrong internally.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread