It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2006, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

Want2Learn HB User
Reclaim AF vs Reclear AF

Hello,

I've looked in the stores, and have only been able to find "Reclear AF". I haven't been able to find "Regain AF"--are they both the same thing, just a different name? I've seen that written a couple times. If they are not the same thing, how well does "Reclear AF" work?

What I have been doing for a few weeks now is using distilled vinegar on my nails, then applying Amoresse Thymol onto my nails, and then lastly, putting Lamilsil AF all over my feet, as well as, nails. I was going to add the Reclear/Regain stuff, too--I'm going all out!...I hope it's ok to use all these things at once!

Thanks!!
Want2Learn

Last edited by Want2Learn; 03-04-2006 at 09:08 AM.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User
Re: Reclaim AF vs Reclear AF

If it's a nail fungus, you can take care of it with the vinegar alone.

My toenail fungus was so disgusting that I couldn't wear sandals at all. I had it for years before I did anything about it. When I heard about all the natural treatments people were using, I opted for the vinegar. Took about a year for the toenail to grow completely out but I used the vinegar for, I'm guessing, about 6 months out of that time. Now it's the prettiest toenail I have. LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
(female)

Want2Learn HB User

Thanks, Cookie. It seem that the vinegar has worked for lots of people!--I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping it will work for me, too! *crossing fingers* What was your specific method with it? I know some people soak their feet in it--I'm curious what ratio with water they use when they do that. Was it all your nails? I've had it for years, too...since I was really young.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:45 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

It was just one toenail. The big one on my right foot and it was about 5 times thicker than normal, all uneven, brown and yellow, and flaky.

I started with regular distilled vinegar. All I did was either use a cotton ball to put it on or just poured some on it. I didn't mix it with water or anything. Then I either put my socks on or put a bandaid on it so I could wear sandles. If someone asked what happened to my toe I told them I had a nail fungus but I never let them see how gross it was.

After just a few weeks I could see a difference and I would cut off pieces of the nail with a clipper as it loosened. I don't remember how long it was before I could see new nail growing from the cuticle, but I kept using the vinegar untill it was like almost 1/2 of the way grown out.

I eventually stopped using the vinegar and the nail continued to grow out healthy. I get to wear sandles this summer without a bandaid. Yay!

Old 03-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #5
(female)

Want2Learn HB User

awesome, cookie! that's so great it went away like that! i hope the same happens for me... i'm using the vinegar and the lamilsil af cream for my feet and the reclear af (i still am hoping that this is the same as regain af) lol i figure i might as well go all out!

Last edited by Want2Learn; 03-06-2006 at 11:38 PM.

Old 03-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
(female)

Want2Learn HB User

hi all,

I was still wondering if reclaim af and reclear af are the same thing? please let me know!! i'm using reclear af b/c that is the one i've been able to find in the stores, and i want to make sure i'm using one that has had good feedback.

THanks!

Old 03-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

They are one and the same. It used to be called Reclaim AF, then they just changed the name to Reclear AF.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:31 PM   #8
(female)

Want2Learn HB User

oooh, Cookie. thank you! I'm glad to know that.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:04 PM   #9
(female)

ms_hypertensive HB User

I started using the Reclear in July last year three times a day, but I do not seem to see much change -- should I be seeing reults by now? The vinegar sounds promising.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:26 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

Any type of
thick' medication needs to be applied INTO the area of separation in order to work. If it is just applied topically and massaged into the surface, it won't work. It cannot penetrate the surface of the nail plate, so it needs to be worked into the area that has separated from the nail bed.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #11
(male)

caddisfisher HB User

I used Regain for several years, and then ReClear when the name changed. This product worked much better on my nails than previous products did, and over time was able to clear up my issues on all but the two big toes. I used to rub it into the surface, and massage it beneath the edges of the nail.

I did notice, however, that the last bottle purchased of ReClear AF had changed dramatically. First of all, the active ingredient is now Clotrimazole rather than Benzalkonium Chloride. Clotrimazole is very effective against fungus such as athlete's foot, but is so thick that it seems to not be effective at all for nail fungus. In fact, the bottle now says that the product is not effective for treating nail fungus, and I believe it.

Furthermore, there were manufacturing problems with it. The dispenser was lacking a hole for the liquid to come out! I was able to poke a needle through it, but again, the new formula is so thick that this was far less than ideal.

If the vinegar works, it would be a much less expensive approach than this product that seems to have lost its magic.

Closed Thread