It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
(female)

countessr HB User
Angry My nails ripped off today HELP!

hey today in class my acrilic nail ripped off my real nail and there was blood everywhere and it severly hurts. my acrylic nail didnt all the way come off its still hanging on part of the nail that didnt come off. im in serious pain!!! someone give me advice to what to do? should i rip the nail off? go to a doctor?help!

Old 08-29-2006, 06:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: My nails ripped off today HELP!

Clean it with peroxide and apply antibacterial ointment, but DO NOT tear the nail off. Apply a clean gauze bandage to the nail and tie it on with a small piece of gauze. You do not want to use a bandaid as they do not 'breathe' like gauze does. Keep it clean and apply the ointment until the pain goes completely away. You can then cut the torn section off as short as possible without causing yourself further injury. If you cannot cut it off yourself, then you will need to get your physician to do so.

When an artificial nail rips off your natural nail, it is a sure sign that the nails you had applied were created with dental acrylic. The monomer (liquid) used to create this type of enhancement is made completely with MMA (methyl-methacrylate) which has been deemed as deleterious to the natural nail and was banned for use in the nail industry by the FDA in the 70's and is also banned for use in salons by the majority of the 50 state boards of cosmetology. Many unscrupulous salons still use it since it is very cheap to purchase. If the salon has a very strong odor, chances are it is MMA. If the nails cannot be soaked off in an approved remover solution, chances are it is MMA.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread