The 'purple' in the liquid is simply an optical brightener. In all my 35 years in the nail industry, I have never heard of nail liquid being poisonous. I have heard, and it is proven, that MMA (dental) Acrylic is deleterious to the natural nails and has been banned for use in the nail industry by almost all of the 50 states. MMA was deemed deleterious to the natural nail during the middle 70's by the FDA, although there are many unscrupulous salons that still use it because it is very cheap to manufacture and purchase.
EMA (Ehtyl Methacrylate) is the acrylate chemical used in traditional liquids today, and if it were poisonous, I would have died from it a very long time ago. I have worn nails created with EMA liquid since 1979 - non-stop, and have had not one single problem.
I am suspecting that her nail tech told her this to 'scare' her into getting a different type of nail enhancement product. What the tech doesn't know is that ALL artifiical nail enhancement products are made form the same class of acrylates, so even gel nail products are acrylic as well as all nail glues and adhesives. Maybe her tech needs to attend some chemical education classes, or she needs to read my page on Product Chemistry at www.hooked-on-nails.com
(link approved by Moderator 1.)