It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

pootie231 HB User
dented thumbnails?

Hi everyone, I've been searching this board reading lots about ridges and dimples and nothing really sounds like what is happening to my thumbnails. For lack of a better word they have a big dent in the middle of each. None of my fingernails are affected and there is absolutely no pain. I do not bite my nails (actually are quite strong) and have had no trauma. I only noticed by looking at them this morning by accident. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what could have caused this. Oh I'm also only 27 and take a multivitamin every day. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: dented thumbnails?

It's called 'Spoon Nails' for lack of a better term. I think I saw something on this before and will see if I can find it again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

pootie231 HB User
Re: dented thumbnails?

thanks Marti. I took your term "spoon nails" and googled it to find pictures. I do not think that is what is going on as all the pics I saw the fingernails seemed to turn up at the tips and actually looked like spoons (hence the name I suppose). What I did find was that my problem looks most similar to "beau's lines". I saw some pretty severe pics but saw one that just had one dent (which I guess runs horizontal) but no lines, which is more like mine. What can u tell me about this condition?

Closed Thread