It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
(female)

asheryl HB User
Very fast growing fingernails

Hi all
Does anyone know why fingernails would grow very fast. Is there some disorder or disease that could cause this?
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to asheryl For This Useful Post:
benaka (11-05-2011)
Old 06-19-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Very fast growing fingernails

Nails only grow as fast as your genetics will allow - if your parents nails grow fast, so will yours. If you eat a healthy diet and take care of your nails, they will grow in healthy. If they grow fast, you are lucky!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
(female)

cantell HB User
Re: Very fast growing fingernails

I have always wanted long pretty nails but, mine would split or break off with any length to them. I even got fake nails for a short time. My dad had long finger nails which all seemed to be the same length..he NEVER filed them or cleaned them and he cut them with his poket knife..his nails were very hard not thick. in fact I always wondered how he got the pretty finger nails! LOL

anyway we ate the same food for years..still no help. off an on over the years some of my finger nails would grow out and some at the same time would split and break off..so never a full set of matching finger nails and I ended up cliping the long ones off to match the shorter nails..then to my horror I noticed that a couple of my nails when they grew out longer started to curl around...whats up with that? they still do this but only when they get out so long its really noticeable. now, 5 months ago I started taking flax seed oil and my nails have shot off like a rocket! they look fake they are so long and hard just like my dad's used to be..yes I still have to keep my middle finger and my pointing fingernails trimed before they start the curling thingy. dont worry i dont use a pocket knife.

the one thing I have found out is that long fingernails are pretty but, a chore to maintain. I am all but ready to chop them all off and keep them short..alot eaiser.

Closed Thread