It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 06:13 AM   #1
(male)

steve1970 HB User
1/8" brown vertical line in thumbnails

Recently I noticed a thin 1/8th inch vertical line in my right thumbnail. It is brown/tan and somewhat light, but noticable. In runs the entire length of my nail & appears to only be in the nail (not below the nail). I cut my nail as short as I could and did not notice any color below the nail....but I'm not certain. I have noticed this for the past month or so. Also, very faintly I also have the same vertical line in my left thumbnail in the exact same spot, however, the left nail is almost unnoticable. Neither nail is painful or feels any different than a healthy nail. Any help figuring this out is greatly appreciated. I should note, I'm a 37 year old caucasion male.

Last edited by steve1970; 11-12-2007 at 06:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 06:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: 1/8" brown vertical line in thumbnails

Any change in the nail plate is cause for concern and a brown vertical line that runs from under the proximal nail fold at the cuticle line all the way to the free edge can signify a nail malanoma in the matrix. You should see your doctor or dermatologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread