It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
(female)

xkygurlx HB User
Question Deep cracks on skin at the top of fingers by the nail....need help

My dad has had this problem for about 1.5 years now. I've tried to get him to go to a Dr but he's old and stubborn (imagine that lol). Anyways, his thumb and middle fingers have deep cracks and the cracks are about 3-4cm long, they're on the top corners of his fingers right next to his nails. I've had him try all kinds of moisturizers and ointments but nothing works. He works outside daily so I know the weather doesn't help, but he does wear gloves. I feel really bad for him because I know they're causing him some great pain. He's not the type to complain...he's a tough old country boy and it takes alot to make him say anything is bothering him. I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions or ideas that might help me help him. I bought every kind of band-aid and bandage known to mankind to help ease the pain, he'll grimace with pain evrytime he bumbs them or touches them wrong. Anyone got any ideas??
Thnx

Old 03-10-2008, 05:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Deep cracks on skin at the top of fingers by the nail....need help

Wearing gloves is always a good idea, although the cotton will wick the natural oils and moisture from the skin. My husband uses Cornhuskers lotion and it helps to heal the cracks as well as moisturize the skin. My husband is a 'good old country boy' too!

Last edited by Marti; 03-10-2008 at 05:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread