It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
(female)

Sandbob HB User
Toenail separating from Nail Bed.

The nail on my big toe has separated from the nail bed. I don't think there is a fungus there, but I did drop something heavy on it 3 or so years ago. The nail will grow, although won't attach to the nail bed, and it will get a little discolored underneath due to there being a gap. As the nail grows, it becomes weak because, of course, there is nothing for it to adhere to. I have cut it down three times, and three times when it grows back it does not adhere to the nail bed. This time I have cut it down as far as possible which is very close to the cuticle. My questions is, will this nail ever grow back normally? What can I do to make this work? Should I be seeing a dermatologist? I am now using tea tree oil and an anti fungal cream, although I don't think there is a fungus.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

starryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB User
Re: Toenail separating from Nail Bed.

It might be worth a test to find out if there is a fungus. Most come about after an injury and none are the exact same.

I had the SAME thing. Swear up and down IT IS A FUNGUS. Had it checked by podiatrist who did scraping under nail. NEGATIVE. Nail would kind of grow back, you could peel it away from other nail underneath. Etc. For over a year! It looked awful

I bought some OTC fungus stuff and have been doing this for two years. It looks amazing. I still say it was a fungus caused by dropping heavy item on it.

Good luck!!

Last edited by starryGal09; 08-29-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread