It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
(female)

runner4me HB User
does nail fungus ever go away?

does nail fungus ever go away? I have had this nail fungus on my left thumb for about a year now. My boyfriend has it on every toe and without realizing knowing how contagious it is I gave him a foot rub and a few weeks later..it showed up on my thumb. I keep cutting the thumbnail down but the new nail never comes back looking nice.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
(female)

Sparkle88 HB User
Re: does nail fungus ever go away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner4me View Post
does nail fungus ever go away? I have had this nail fungus on my left thumb for about a year now. My boyfriend has it on every toe and without realizing knowing how contagious it is I gave him a foot rub and a few weeks later..it showed up on my thumb. I keep cutting the thumbnail down but the new nail never comes back looking nice.
I've got a bit of that on one of my toenails. The doctor told me its because I used to wear pointed boots. I read on the internet that applying tea tree oil to it two to three times daily cures it. I bought tea tree oil yesterday and I have started using it today, so hopefully that gets rid of it. You need to be careful though as some people are allergic to tea tree oil.

Clean the nail, and apply the tea tree oil all over the nail including the very edges, and under the tip of the nail so that the nail bed can soak up the oil too. Let it dry. Apply 2-3 times a day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
(female)

Mia11 HB User

Im thinking no it doesnt ever go away. I have had it on my one toenail for over 10 years now. Ive given up and just decided it will never go away.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
(male)

Travel2 HB User

I have to say yes! But, with any type of fungus, it could come back later again. I had parts of my nails removed. Not the whole nail, just the infected part. The doctor had me on only the dreaded pills for only 30 days. I had a big toes and three other toes worked on and these toes had some thickness for sometime. They are normal now without any fungus. The doctor said the fungus took root do to nail injuries during running. Also, wearing shoes (sweaty running shoes) without socks created the perfect breading ground. She actually tossed my shoes into the trash (after asking and giving me a reason). Before tossing them she explained the reasons while removing the laces and also the insoles and showing me how dead skin cells and oils mixed into the fabric of the shoe lining bread fungus and bacteria. They were old anyway. Powdered shoes without socks is not good enough she said. I never gave it much thought until then. I ended up wearing medical sandals out of the office. I now wear Drymax socks.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
(male)

mmgazer HB User

I'm a first time poster. And only because there is an effective remedy for toe nail fungus. I used it two years ago, but never have posted any comment because I generally don't do so.

But I'm doing so now because it is absolutely effective -- takes about 3 months or so depending how black your nail is. So, I figured why not share my good results. I was ready to try anything at the time, and was very pleased with the results.

The product is Leucatin. It was actually advertised for other stuff when I got it a couple of years ago. Haven't checked for it recently. But google it. Good luck.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:17 AM   #6
(female)

moonangel007 HB User

i am actually taking a 'cure it from home' approach, since i really don't want to take lamasil or anything like it if at all possible.

i'm using a couple cups of vinegar added to about the same or a little more hot water and i soak for 20-30 minutes at least once, sometimes 2 times a day. when i'm not soaking my feet/nails, i apply by spraying all over my nails straight up vinegar, then i apply tea tree oil to the nails all over and under.

i AM seeing results! although it is taking a while (i've been doing this for a month), i can see new, clear nail growth at the base of my nails!! i have had this issue since before my 9 year old son was born, and i am SO happy to be getting results, even if it does seem to take forever.

hope this helps!

Closed Thread