It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
(female)

vsekeres HB User
vertica raised point line

My husband's pinky and ring fingernail has formed a point, like a rooftop, sloped on both sides, begginning from the cuticle to the end of the nail.

There are no ridges or weakness evident (no clubbing). The nail just seems to be forming like a rooftop shape. can you please tell me what this might mean.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User
Re: vertica raised point line

I have the same thing happening to my toenails. Being a female you can understand why I don't wear open toed shoes. My Husband is diabetic and asked his foot doctor about it and he said it was not a fungus but it was hereditary. I don't know of anyone in my family that has or had this problem so maybe it skips a generation. The doc did say I could come in and he would show me how to trim them properly which is very difficult at this point. Well whoopdedo for you doc!!! How about telling me how to make them go away. I was to the point of having the nails removed and maybe starting over. Keep me posted if you find anything out. It's very embarrasing.
Stay well,
Cat ;0)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread