It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
(female)

apaddyinoz HB User
Unhappy White spots on toe nails

Hi guys, a few years ago i very stupidly hacked at my toe nails with a cuticle utensil (the middle of the nails)! i didnt think anything of it but i obviously did some damage. I have had white spots on some of my toe nails ever since. If i wear nail varnish for a while and take it off the white spots are very flaky.. i would hate if my nail actually disintegrated as a result of this!
I went to a podiatrist/doctor as i always thought it was fungal but they just said it wasnt. I didnt really get any other answers from them so if anyone can shed any light on if there is anything I can do to repair my nails I would really appreciate it!!
Thanks!

Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 AM   #2
(female)

annstar HB User
Re: White spots on toe nails

I'm not sure if what you're referring to is ridges in your nails that you have tried to flatten down? If so buffing these areas with a nail buffer will smoothen out the nail and get rid of whiteness. You can get treatment nail polishes so perhaps look in your local pharmacy for a rehydrating one for example.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread