Originally Posted by patti j
What information is out there to prove the "gel" is non toxic? I just started using gel nails about 3 months ago and it worries me because I'm a cancer patient in remission.
I am a cancer survivor too. There is no proof about it being toxic.
However, my experience is that we need to avoid anything chemical since we had cancer. I had chemo. I did once manicure (the first time) to my finger nails and one nail was damaged! (Too much polish.) Now I have to wait for it to grow forever. The base is damaged... Need to keep it from being dry - I have to apply lotion or cream to that one. Just one nail!!
No more chemical work for me. Better safer than sorry. Just trim the nails and keep it clean.